Tuesday, April 9, 2013

NaPoWriMo (8-9/30)

I swear I actually did write a poem last night, but I was way too exhausted to post it.  Instead, I took a picture of the beginning with its familiar title-style and posted it to Facebook before passing out last night.  So if you don't trust me, you can ask my FB friends.  As soon as you find them ;)

Anywho, here are the picture of Days 8 (too raw, possibly too personal) and all of Day 9 beneath the jump.  Enjoy.




4:50pm 4/9/13 going home

I hurt:
a delicious agony in my pinky toes
my knees & my hips
with every stride

Surely tomorrow
my arms will be singing their pain
in harmony with my thighs
and the thoughts leaking out my ears
will have congealed in my hair

But, oh, was anything more worth it?
I'd do it all again
and maybe tomorrow I will
but at least I'll be doing
instead of being done to

It's not a lot of control
but it's mine

No comments:

Post a Comment