Sunday, April 21, 2013

NaPoWriMo (21/30)

11:30pm-ish, 4/21/13, started writing on the way to church, then remembered I needed to review Sunday school lesson

I hope you don't mind
but I seem to be leap-frogging right through this friendship
skipping merrily through
all the boundaries I usually put up around me

Or maybe you don't notice
This is, after all
new for you, too

You don't know the hoops and blind hallways
the hedges, ditches and mounds
the guarded doors
the secret passwords
I usually keep between myself and the world

You don't know the simple tests for trustworthiness
the constant feeling out
between-the-line reading
and motive searching
(I'm such a girl)

And maybe
maybe
you never will

(Maybe I'm putting too much trust
in an all too fallible being
and when the honeymoon phase is over
this will have come to a terrible end)
as I dance along the edge of caution
and wanting to pull you in

I want to be friends
I want to be your friend
I want the sweetness of new-made friends to never end

No comments:

Post a Comment