Thursday, April 25, 2013

NaPoWriMo (25/30)

Home stretch, ya'll.  As I was telling a friend of mine, doing this has shown me how much I write out of emotionality, particularly angsty, dark emotions, and so once those feelings have passed I find it hard to just...write.  Both my creative oppa and unnie have done marvelous things over these last 25 days with little more than the official NaPoWriMo prompt and/or their imaginations.  I, on the other hand, need a fire lit under me.  Or serious inspiration.  Anywho, on to today's poem. 

Remember how I mentioned I tend to camp out on subjects for a while?  Uh, so, yeah...here's a camp-er.  What's funny was that I meant to camp at an entirely different location, but this popped up before that other poem could fully form.


5pm 4/25/13 "get it in" on the train

Little Brother
they don't speak my language

Same words
but different meanings, I suppose

Were you always the only one who understood me?
(No, there was another, wasn't there; but I don't want to remember him)
or were you always asking me to translate?

I don't remember anymore

Little Brother
it's been so long


Inspiration sparked by the song for this cool vid, specifically the last section. If you can, watch in a higher resolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment