Tuesday, April 7, 2015

NaPoWriMo Day 3-7 (in no particular order)

(just ignore the dates... or think of it as poems 3-5/30)



NaPoWriMo Day 4


4/7/15 9:45pm this fridge moment happened [right away] 2 weeks ago but i'm only now writing it down

someday
your convictions are going to catch up with reality
and that will be the end of you and me
because i made my decision long ago
and you don't seem hear it when you make yours




NaPoWriMo Day 3 

4/3-4/6/15 no title that i'm willing to share; inspired by movie night

Bitter wizard
Who convinced you to tear your wings
A mind as quick as yours
With a mouth that so ably speaks it's thoughts
It's hard to believe

Did they get you while you were young
Did they sink your heart in tragedy and never let you go



How they encouraged you
To build your magic on the lie
That everything we want is mine
And heartache never comes to the pure of heart

Or did they merely plant a weedy seed
That you've nurtured with the need to believe
That if I'm good, if he's good, IF THERE'S ANYTHING GOOD
Why do bad things keep happening
My love destroyed
Hope in ruins
And faith buried

But you've never waited for an answer
You couldn't create for yourself
Though it be bitter cold or a lie
Though it leaves gaping holes
Or twists logic around itself
At least you're satisfied
At least your choices are answerable to no one
Except everyone you've hurt
Starting with yourself

Somewhere
Under that callous
There's a heart of flesh

I remember it




NaPoWriMo Day 5

4/7/15 10:18pm, it's really 2 things but they're related

I dreamed
that after many years of not caring
we were a thing

I think that
I miss the summer when we were together
when I was your confidant
part of your close circle
and the school years that surrounded it
before your interests changed

Or maybe I changed

(Sometimes I think you miss it too
that this is the reason you still ask for me when I'm gone
when really it's been years since I've been close enough to miss)

I dreamed you proposed
and I said yes
so I went back home to get my dress
and on the way remembered all the ways we didn't work

Then I woke up



NaPoWriMo Day 6

4/6/15 6:50pm I've made some of my best friend (and lost others) this way

His first words to me are
"So your good God kills babies?"
(We're talking 3rd world and the hyper poor
The unborn don't count after all)

"Hello, how are you"
I want to know
"Doing well as you indict me (by proxy)?
"I hope so"
I've missed him
Wanted to do right
My friend who swears he's not a troll
Before I saw him again

"But to answer your question
What have you done for the babies lately
With your power to act to do to save"
(But in  less than 140 chars)
"The absolute free will you crave
"Indicts us all"

My turn now
To wait and see
What my young firebrand will say
My fingers will not tremble
My knees will not grow week
It's not my truth i speak
Though it's everything that sustains me




NaPoWriMo Day 7

4/7/15 i write this one a lot but not as often as some others

you could be dead for all i know
dead and buried ashes and gone
having never cared at all

No comments:

Post a Comment